Welcome to Bedford Elementary School
Home of the Bedford Bees!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome Back to the 2015/16 School Year! We are so excited to begin another year here at Bedford. Our theme for this year is Together We Grow….Building a Brighter Future! We are planning a year of continued growth for all of our students and faculty to help prepare our students to be College and Career Ready! We hope you will join us on Thursday, August 20th from 2:00 – 3:30 for our Back to School Event. This will be our only Back to School Night of the year. This will be an opportunity for you to hear about our school-wide initiatives as well as meet your child’s teacher, see the classroom and hear about the instructional program for the year. Following that will be an Ice Cream Social sponsored by our PTA. We are looking forward to seeing everyone! Please note that your child’s homeroom teacher is listed on the mailing label on the envelope of this mailing.
We have had some staffing changes this year and we are excited to welcome these staff members:
- Mrs. Nicole Claggett, 4th Grade, is coming to us from Edmonson Heights Elementary.
- Ms. Jasmine Morton, 4th Grade, is coming to us from Towson University.
- Mrs. Amanda Schmidt, 5th Grade, is coming to us from New Town Elementary.
- Mr. Steven Wasko, 5th Grade, is coming to us from Scurlock Elementary in North Carolina.
- Ms. Susan Schisler, Physical Education, is coming to us from New Town Elementary.
- Mrs. Kristen Loscomb, Facilitator, is coming to us from New Town Elementary.
We are also in the process of hiring a new nurse. We really have an experienced and talented group of teachers joining us this year and I am very excited to welcome all of them! As many of you know, due to the small size of Bedford Elementary, we will not have an Assistant Principal this year. I am thankful however to have Ms. Joyce Morris, STAT Teacher and Ms. Kristen Loscomb, Facilitator to be part of the Leadership Team.
I hope you enjoy the last few weeks of summer vacation and both you and your children are ready for a great school year! I am looking forward to seeing everyone on August 20th at 2:00.